96126 - Veterinary Office Manager - Online
Become a Veterinary Office Manager
For pets and their caretakers, the veterinarian's office staff often does heroic work during a visit. They are responsible for managing stressed animals, assisting with procedures and ensuring the smooth flow of the medical and business aspects of the visit. In this 100% online course, you will prepare to serve as a veterinarian's assistant and office manager, including skills in handling animals and in handling matters of business in the vet's office. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to sit for the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) exam and the Microsoft exams 77-727 and 77-728 (Excel) and 77-725 and 77-726 (Word).
Job Outlook for Veterinary Office Managers
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), demand for veterinary professionals is expected to grow by 16% between now and 2029. That is triple the expected overall growth rate for all jobs.
- PayScale.com reports that Veterinary Practice Managers earn $49,859 per year, on average. Many also earn performance bonuses and commissions that can add up to $8,800 to their base pay. PayScale.com also notes that over 4 out of 5 Veterinary Office Managers report that they are "highly satisfied" with their jobs.
What You'll Learn
- The anatomy and physiology of the major organ systems.
- How to handle medical records and communicate with clients and coworkers.
- How to restrain animals for procedures, take vital signs, and bathe them.
- All about nutrition, vaccinations, and administering medication.
- How to assist during surgery and dental procedures.
- Preparation of prescriptions and taking blood samples and radiographs.
- Understand the duties of the veterinary assistant.
- Learn how to efficiently use Microsoft Office Word and Excel and take these skills with you to any workplace.
- Develop your professional communication skills and understand office etiquette.
- Understand the best ways to create and send information or data for the most impact.
- Learn how to effectively use QuickBooks 2018 to save an organization time and money.
- Practice bookkeeping with confidence by becoming aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods.
How to Enroll
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education.
WHAT DOES A VETERINARY OFFICE MANAGER DO?
Veterinary Office Managers are responsible for the smooth flow of business through a veterinarian's office, including financial reporting, patient records management and client communication.
WHAT DO A VETERINARY ASSISTANT'S DUTIES INVOLVE?
In their role as veterinary assistants, Veterinary Office Managers work directly with animals. They often prepare them for procedures, take and record vital signs, trim their nails and bathe them. They frequently assist during surgeries and with post-surgical care. They may also consult with pet caretakers about nutrition, vaccinations and medications.
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education. UNM Staff and Faculty: This course is UNM Tuition Remission Eligible. To register using tuition remission, download and complete the UNM Tuition Remission Form and email it to email@example.com