Strength coaches help athletes of all types enhance their performance through a combination of physical techniques, nutrition and injury prevention. Certification by the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) indicates that strength coaches have achieved the highest standard in the fitness industry. In this 100% online course you will learn the concepts, practices and techniques of an effective strength coach. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for the NCSF Certified Strength Coach (CSC) exam. Enrollment includes a voucher to cover the exam fee.
Job Outlook for NCSF Certified Strength Coach
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts a 16% increase in job demand for Athletic Trainers between now and 2029. This is much faster than average growth for all jobs. The BLS states that specialized programs that enable older athletes to remain competitive later in life and those that prevent injuries will be especially popular for an aging population.
- According to the BLS, Athletic Trainers earn $48,440 per year, on average. The National Strength and Conditioning Association reports that strength coaches average $49,037 per year at the high school level, $49,286 serving in colleges and universities and $76,772 in professional sports.
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to manage performance assessments for elite athletes and lead their program development
- Discover the science behind sports nutrition and ergogenic aids for sports performance
- Learn the foundations and techniques of Olympic weightlifting as well as training methods for endurance sports
- Discover the theories and concepts for speed, agility, and quickness training
- Examine considerations for programming for training, sports performance, and rehabilitation
- Discover the secrets to achieving and maintaining elite athletic performance
- Acquire the knowledge you need to pass the NCSF-Certified Strength Coach (CSC) exam and be on your way to a fun, lucrative, and satisfying career
- Learn how to develop custom exercise programs for a variety of specific sports
- Understand how to best avoid injuries and learn the latest science and methods behind rehabilitation training