Is ain't ever a word? When do I use a semi-colon and what about the Oxford comma? The English language is constantly evolving and changing. While many of the rules of usage remain stable, others shift with time and as our culture becomes less formal. This course will serve as a fun and illuminating refresher in English Grammar and usage. It's appropriate for professionals, students, writers or anyone who feels inspired to better know the workings of the language that counts over two billion speakers worldwide.
We will explore and review the following elements of grammar and language in simple, easy to follow modules:
• Parts of speech
• Sentence structure
• Subjective, Objective and Possessive Pronouns
• Verbs and mood
• Active and Passive Voice and Verbs
• Defining from Context
• Greek Affixes and Roots
We will also cover: Nuance, Figurative Language, and Referencing Concepts.
Come join us and discover the many grammatical intricacies of the English language!
Please Note: Mature students age 14 plus will be accepted into this class.
What You'll Learn
- Refresh your skills in English grammar and usage
- Explore the parts of speech and proper sentence structure
- Enhance and refine your written and verbal communication skills
- Increase your self-confidence!
Who Should AttendIf you're looking to improve your grammar and writing skills, this class is for you!
UNM Tuition Remission eligible, Professional Development Program