Learn core Python concepts and understand how to use the language as it relates to data science.
5-Day Bootcamp - Live Online Training
Python has quickly become one of the most popular programming languages among individuals and organizations around the world. Its general purpose appeals to many different industries and allows professionals to transfer their skillset across careers, especially data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
This Python bootcamp focuses specifically on data science. Throughout the course, you will practice the basics, learn more advanced techniques, and finish with a project to put all your newfound knowledge to use. In 5 days (5 – 6 hours per day) you can get started and polish your Python abilities for data science and analysis.
What You'll Learn
- Data Loading, Storage and File Formats: We will teach you how to gather data from various sources, explore Python data structures, and work with different file formats.
- Data Handling Techniques: You will be introduced to Python’s powerful data handling techniques to get the information you need.
- Data Wrangling: You will learn how to preprocess data to get it ready for analysis. This includes data cleaning, reshaping, merging, and applying transformations.
- Aggregation and Grouping: You will learn about Python’s powerful data aggregation and grouping techniques and how to use them to get useful insights from data.
- Data Exploration: We will teach you how to dissect data to uncover useful insights and present them with different visualization techniques.
- Intro to Restful API: You will learn how to use RESTful API to communicate with websites like Twitter and Reddit to scrape data.
- Data Pipelines in Python: We will use our scraped data, along with other data loading, cleaning, and exploration techniques, to build an end-to-end data pipeline.
- Python Project: Students will work on a final project to apply their data science skills to solve a real-world problem.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use Python libraries such as Numpy, Pandas and Matplotlib for data analysis
- Build, evaluate, fine-tune and implement end-to-end data analysis pipelines in
- Python Explore and visualize data to identify trends and support data-driven decision making
- Articulate key findings from data analysis to recommend solutions for business problems
In partnership with: