Ready to get certified for one of the most widely hired roles in healthcare? This program is designed to help you pass the Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam and set you up for success as part of a fast-paced cardiology team. You’ll learn how to operate the electrocardiogram - an essential piece of hospital equipment - and work with doctors to interpret the results for patients. You’ll even complete a hands-on clinical experience, so if you’re ready to jump into the action ASAP, EKG technician training is the course of action for you. Remember that clinical opportunities vary, and we work with a vast network of healthcare organizations to find a good fit. This is an online self-paced program - allowing you to study and learn around your schedule! The course is 395 hours with 8 month access and an optional externship placement for 20 hours.
- Learner support: 1-on-1 learner support through out the program
- Career support: resume review & job coaching
- Exam preparation for the nationally recognized CET.
- (1) free voucher to take the Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam from the National Healthcareer Associatio
What You'll Learn
Our program is divided into 14 easy-to-finish modules and an externship experience (and it covers skills many EKG tech programs don’t, such as Holter monitoring and stress testing). Knock ‘em out and start your new job as a diagnostic dynamo.
Who Should Attend
- Those interested in a new career
- Those who want to change their career
- Individual in the healthcare field who wants added skills
Participant to complete all modules, assignments and exams with an 80% or greater to pass the course and receive a certificate of completion.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This course is Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development. For more information, visit the UNM Tuition Remission information page.