Get ready to shimmy and take your skills to the performance level! This class continues from our introduction to Belly Dance class. In this class, we will take our basic belly dance moves and build combinations, taking your skills to the next level. Participants will walk away with a short choreography to perform, intermediate skills in their ability to combine and layer belly dance combinations, and an introduction to the use of veils, finder symbols, and others. Participants will also be taught the fundamentals of musicality specific to belly dance.
This class is ideal for dancers who have some experience with belly dance, or for those who have taken the Introduction to Belly Dance course, though experience and performance is not required.
What You'll Learn
- Skills to put learned movements into dance combinations and to further challenge your belly dance technique.
- Build on variations of basic moves and become skilled at layering movements.
- Become familiar with fundamentals of musicality specific to belly dance and use of props
- Become more confident and comfortable with your body as you increase your movement.
- Leave with a short, prepared choreography to perform.
Who Should AttendThis class is ideal for dancers who have some experience with belly dance, or for those who have taken the Introduction to Belly Dance course, however, experience is not necessary.
Additional InformationWear comfortable clothes and be ready to move!
Participation is at your own risk. Please consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This class is eligible for UNM Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment (Health & Fitness).