Learn to paint with chalk pastels. You will learn three techniques in this class. Layering colors and light produces fantastic art work.
What You'll Learn
- Learn the importance of values and color
- Learn how to layer pastels
Who Should AttendThis class is appropriate for anyone who wants to work with pastels, beginner to intermediate.
- 1 set of hard or soft chalk pastels with at least 8 colors. More colors are encouraged!
- 1 set of color gray values (it’s a small box with white to black pastels, grays in the middle)
- 1 Canson mi Teintes (or the equivalent) Pastel Paper (burgundy, bright red, or medium-dark brown); no white, black or light colored paper, please. The size is quite large(19 3/4" x 25 1/2") but we will be trimming it. Please do not cut or tear the paper.
- Paper Towels
- Tortillions (also called “stumps” 1 package very fine grit, wet/dry sandpaper 600 grit (not the fancy stuff). Size is 9x 11”
- 1 container of Rubbing Alcohol without glycerin
- Several small stiff paint brushes (flats)
- Masonite Backing - 16" x 20"
- Small cups (bathroom cup size) for holding small amounts of rubbing alcohol
- Masking tape
Cost of supplies is approximately $40
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.