Explore the world of acrylics while you learn to paint shape and form with little drawing. This technique emphasizes color, space and composition, value and texture, contrast and balance. The course also covers the principles of design, the medium, techniques, mood and meaning, and the elements of art.
What You'll Learn
- Learn about the process and materials required to paint beautiful paintings with acrylic
- Learn to create depth and vibrancy in your art
- Learn about composition
- Learn to layer paint
Who Should AttendThis class is appropriate for beginning and intermediate painters.
- 2 oz. tubes of:
1 Pthalocyanine (Pthalo) Blue (green shade)
1 Ultramarine Blue
1 Cadmium Yellow Medium
1 Primary Red or Crimson
1 Titanium White
1 Zinc White
1 4oz Liquitex Gloss Medium
- 3 primed/stretched canvases,18 x 24" or 16x 20" (and can use canvas board, board or tempered Masonite)
- palette knife (plastic is best and lasts forever, cheaper, too)
- palette - look for paper palettes sold in art supply stores or something flat. Some use a piece of cardboard and wrap Freezer paper around it each time they paint. Please stay away from tiny round areas to put paints in as they are for watercolors.
- several large size plastic cups (to hold water for cleaning brushes)
- 4 paint brushes(for painting with acrylics), round or flat, (1/4”, 1⁄2: 1”or 2”), NOT the white bristles—they are for oil painting but get stiff,
- white chalkboard chalk (can find at hardware stores).
Approximately $90 for all supplies, depending on name brands. Try using Basics brand; it is for student painting and much cheaper. You can always invest in better grade acrylics if you decide to continue painting.
FYI - Artisans Supply Store delivers.
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.