Transform concepts and ideas into visual and viable products
Learn the fundamentals of Computer-Assisted Drafting (CAD) with Autodesk software. Compare and contrast CAD and manual drafting methods and learn the essentials of drawing organization and layer management. Explore the use of blocks, fonts, and automatic dimensioning features. Plotting in Paper Space to print amazing views of your creations. Work with Dynamic Blocks, blocks, attributes, layers, color, linetype, line weight, and viewports. Edit text, create tables, and add dimensions to designs. Learn why it’s important to establish standards that promote conformance. Both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT users are welcome. Prerequisite: basic computer experience.
Earning an AutoCAD certificate proves to clients and prospective employers that you have the technical skills to maximize what AutoCAD can do. You'll be able to confidently use a leading drafting software, elevating your skills and career to the next level.
What You'll Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of Computer-Assisted Drafting (CAD) with Autodesk software
- Compare and contrast CAD and manual drafting methods and learn the essentials of drawing organization and layer management
- Explore the use of Dynamic blocks, fonts, and automatic dimensioning features
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in competing for entry-level drafting positions
- Architects, engineers, and construction professionals
- Seasoned professionals that would like to improve their confidence and skills with this software
Required Textbook is not included, please purchase at your earliest convenience: AutoCAD Exercises For Beginner: Designers WorkBook For Practices, by Shameer S A ISBN: 979-8599663805, available through Amazon.
Participants must attend 18 of the 20 sessions to receive the Digital Badge.
Basic computer experience. Please review the minimum system requirements needed in order to participate in the course.
AutoDesk software access will be provided.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This course is Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development. For more information, visit the UNM Tuition Remission information page.