20300 - Grant Writing Step by Step
Course OverviewThis six-week course explains the principles of writing grant proposals, especially for beginners. In each of six 2-hour sessions, the class will practice the step-by-step process of identifying funding sources and drafting a proposal, including typical eligibility requirements.
What You'll Learn
- Step-by-step process for how to apply for and manage grants
- How funding organizations distribute grant funds
- How grants are different from contracts
Who Should Attend
- Managers of charitable organizations or public agencies that can be funded by foundations or governments
- Accountants and other specialists involved in applying for or managing grants
- Representatives of foundations that seek to distribute grant funds to eligible organizations
- Members of the public seeking better understanding of grant-funded operations
- Legislators and other public officials who may be expected to vote on grant-funded projects
- Individuals seeking financial relief from grant programs and need to understand how that works
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This course is Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development. For more information, visit the UNM Tuition Remission information page click here.
JTA Funding Opportunity
Full funding for this program is available through Job Training Albuquerque. To see if you qualify or to apply for JTA funding, click here or contact Allison Pendell Jones at CNMI, firstname.lastname@example.org.