Video game design and development is challenging, but the rewards are worth it. With this unparalleled comprehensive training course, you'll master skills that open doors to the growing video game industry. By the end of the course, you will have designed and created your own video game for the PC and will stand ready to join a team working on projects with larger scope or pursue independent development.
Using a comprehensive and analytical approach to game development, this course offers you the opportunity to learn how to effectively implement technical game ideas, assuming no prior training or experience. The curriculum is divided into four major areas of study: programming languages, mathematics skills, game asset creation, and modern real-time game engines. It will conclude with an independent study phase where you will design, document, and create your own game using all of the programming and game art skills you learned in the core classes. This course is entirely online and is completed at your own pace.
What You'll Learn
What you will learn
- Learn how to design and create video games for PC
- Understand the technical and aesthetic fundamentals for creating a successful game
- Master the math, programming language, and game engine knowledge needed to design video games
- Embark on an independent study module during which you'll create your own game
How you will benefit
- Create your own video game that can be used as a portfolio piece or shown to prospective employers
- Jump-start your career as a video game designer, whether you want to work at an organization or pursue independent projects
- Gain confidence in your design skills
- Complete this course online at your own pace while still maintaining your current job or schooling efforts
UNM Tuition Remission eligible, Professional Development Program