Payroll professionals have to navigate financial laws and data to do their job efficiently. This online course covers all critical areas of payroll management and teaches you advanced practices for using Microsoft's Excel 2019 software. You will be prepared to take the Fundamental Payroll Certification exam and the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert certification exam for Microsoft Excel 2019.
Key topics include the major components of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, the Internal Revenue Code, and major parts of the state labor code for your chosen state. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Excel 2019 certifying exam upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
What You'll Learn
- Identify various laws and regulations that affect employers in their payroll operations
- Identify the various deductions, both voluntary and involuntary, that are taken out of employees' gross pay
- Calculate gross and net pay
- Explain the use of the forms required to withhold, deposit, and report federal income taxes
- Recognize dates and regulations to ensure payroll compliance and reporting
- Understand the payroll process and supporting systems and administration
- Correctly apply payroll policies and procedures of a payroll department
- Journalize payroll transactions and post to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Be able to process payroll from start to finish (payroll project)
- To create, modify, and manage Excel workbooks
- To use formulas, functions and work with tables
- To convert, sort, filter, and manage lists
- To use conditional formatting and styles
- To create pivot tables and charts To import and export data
How to Enroll
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2019 MOS Expert Certification exam. You will be prepared to pass the FPC exam and become certified in the fundamentals of payroll (the FPC Exam voucher is not included).
How long does it take to complete this course?
After you register, you will receive 12 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.