96019 - Human Resources Professional - Online
Become a Certified HR Professional
Human capital is the single most important asset in any business and human resources professionals are charged with protecting these assets. This 100% online training course will prepare you for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). You will be fully equipped to advance your career as a certified PHR in only 6 months.
What You'll Learn
- Comprehensive knowledge needed to sit for the PHR Certification Exam
- A broad overview of human resources practices
- Skills for handling recruitment, performance appraisals, and training processes
- Strategic decision making for compensation and job evaluation
- Foundational knowledge of U.S. laws and regulations regarding employment practices
- OSHA rules governing employee health and safety
- Strategies for implementing retention initiatives
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
UNM Tuition Remission eligible, Professional Development Program
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. However, HRCI requires that you meet one of the following criteria in order to sit for PHR certification:
- Master’s degree or higher = 1 year of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Bachelor’s degree = 2 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Anything less than a bachelor’s degree = 4 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
Human Resources Professional
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.Enroll Now
Does this course prepare me for certification?
Yes. This Human Resources Professional training course will prepare you for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) exam offered by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). According to Payscale.com, those who have PHR certification get promoted faster and have a median salary that is $20,000 higher than those who do not.Enroll Now
Job Outlook for HR Professionals
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 5% job growth for human resources specialists and a slightly higher rate of growth for those in management roles. This will equal an additional 33,000 job openings over the next 8 years. The median salary for those in a human resources specialist position is nearly $62,000 with top earners making more than $105,000 annually.Enroll Now