Prepare to be adorned! In this beginning course you will learn the fundamentals of the design and creation of handcrafted jewelry, and how to work lavishly within a budget. Beginning with a series of sterling silver rings, you will learn how to size, texture, chase/stamp, file, form, silver solder with an acetylene torch, saw, pierce, drill, oxidize, hand-polish, high-polish with a buffing machine, and follow safe studio practices. You will also fabricate a bezel cup and set a cabochon stone. Sterling silver, fine silver, copper, brass and semi-precious stones will be used. Local supply sources and discounts through Diener Studio will be addressed.
Note: A $125 materials fee, cash or check, will be collected at the first class. This class is limited to four students.
Masks Are Again Required For Everyone Regardless of Vaccination Status.
Arrive At The Studio With Your Mask On.
Do Not Attend Class If You Do Not Feel Well Regardless of Vaccination Status.
2. REQUIRED: IN ADDITION TO COVID PROTOCOL REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE:
***YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A SHOP APRON AND WRAP AROUND SAFETY GLASSES AT ALL TIMES IN THE STUDIO.
***IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN WRAP AROUND SAFETY GLASSES TO WEAR WITH YOUR MASK, PLEASE PRACTICE WEARING THEM
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE SO YOU KNOW IF THEY FOG UP OR NOT.
***IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN GLASSES OR AN APPROPRIATE MASK, I HAVE THEM ON HAND FOR YOU TO PURCHASE.
***BRING YOUR OWN SHOP APRON IF YOU HAVE ONE. I HAVE PLENTY ON HAND FOR YOU TO USE & KEEP IN YOUR PERSONAL WORK BIN.
3. REQUIRED: SUPPLY FEE: Bring your $125 supply fee (check payable to kristin diener or cash) to the first class.
4. REQUIRED: CLOTHING: Close-toed shoes only. No scarves, drapey sleeves or hoodie ties. If you have long bangs or hair, bring a way to secure it.
5. The studio will be open 5 minutes before class and not before then.
6. Bring water if you would like...no vending machine in the building. No Food Eaten in The Studio.
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.