Never tried painting, but always wanted to? This class is for you! This painting class is designed for people who have no previous painting experience. The most important objective of the class is to be in a comfortable, stress-free environment with other beginning painters. Learn to understand basic principles of color and applying paint to canvas. The emphasis of the class will be creativity not technique. We will explore personal-painting genres, mood, imagination and how they can be used to create a successful painting. No drawing experience is necessary. Learn through help of in-class demonstrations and one-on-one artistic advice from the instructor. A supply list will be made available.
What You'll Learn
- Learn to be comfortable with a creative process
- Develop a beginning understanding of color
- Understand using acrylic paint on canvas
- Create a successful painting.
Who Should AttendNever tried painting, but always wanted to? This class is for you! This class is designed for people who have no previous painting experience.
- Acrylic Paint
- 1- 2oz. tube cadmium yellow
- 1- 2oz. tube Naphthol Crimson or crimson. Do not buy cadmium red or alizarin crimson.
- 1- 2oz. tube cobalt blue
- 1- 2oz. tube mars black or ivory black
- 1- 4 oz. tube Liquitex Basic titanium white
- Six 9 x12 inch canvas panels (10 panels approximately $15)
- Package of approximately 5-10 acrylic brushes, including both round and flat brushes, approximately $7-10.
- At least one brush should be 1- inch wide. Do not buy expensive brushes.
- Also bring
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 small plastic or metal palette knife
- Basic Color Wheel
- 1 can or large yogurt container for water
- Small bar of soap to clean brushes
- 1 #2 pencil
- Small spray bottle
- 6 all white paper plates, ideally coated with plastic
Wear old clothes and shoes. You will always get paint on your clothes. You may want to invest in physician’s non-latex gloves, although acrylic paint easily washes off of skin.
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.