Course OverviewColored pencils are one of the most accessible mediums available to artists. Colored pencils allow the artist and incredible amount of control over the application, leading to highly detailed imagery. Using proper techniques, you can create fantastic works of art with these familiar tools. This is an intensive course on colored pencil techniques, with added in instruction in basic drawing.
What You'll Learn
- Learn basic drawing techniques
- Learn about application with colored pencils
- 24 colored pencils minimum. Any one of the following brands:
- Prisma Color Premier Colored Pencils
- Caran D’ache luminance Colored Pencils
- Derwent Artist Watercolor Colored Pencils (can be used wet or dry)
- Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils
- Hand held metal pencil sharpener: Steadtler Double Hole Pencil Sharpener
- Staedtler Mars Eraser White
- #HB drawing pencil
- Strathmore 477-9 Colored Pencil PAD 9”x12”, 30 sheets or any colored pencil drawing pad of the same size.
These items can be purchased at amazon.com, Blick.com, Michaels, *Artisan Art Supply, Alb. NM (shop local! discount for students)
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.