Are you looking for a way to stay in shape and help others reach their fitness goals as well? UNM Continuing Education’s Personal Trainer for NASM Certification program can help you turn your passion for fitness into a rewarding career and provide nationally-recognized credentials that will boost your resume and qualifications.
Course includes hands-on training, the NASM e-book and online resources and a voucher for the NASM CPT certification exam.
What You'll Learn
Taught over a six-week period on Saturday mornings, in the Personal Trainer program you will:
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of human movement science, functional assessment and program design
- Prepare for the NCCA accredited NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) certification exam
- Discover the power behind Optimum Performance Training (OPT)
- Learn the scientific rationale, teaching tools and the practical experience necessary to perform assessments, create individualized programs including nutrition, training and goal setting for your clients.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in becoming an NASM certified Personal Trainer!
- Anyone wanting to increase their knowledge and skills in personal training!
Please register at least 1 week before start date due to our course planning & ordering of materials.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This course is Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development. For more information, visit the UNM Tuition Remission information page.