Improve your French conversation skills in this multi-part class that focuses on conversational fluency and accuracy. It's a great next-step if you have a high-beginning/low-intermediate or above understanding of French and can already communicate your basic needs. The course will build your competence and confidence as you successfully navigate critical but everyday conversational scenarios. You will also focus on improving your French pronunciation. Toward the end of the course, as a demonstration of your new-found conversational abilities, you will deliver a French presentation on a topic of your choice.
What You'll Learn
- Prepare for any given French conversational scenario at Intermediate and Advanced levels.
- Integrate themselves comfortably into an ongoing conversation.
- Participate successfully in common scenarios such as their backgrounds, hobbies and interests, careers, and why they are studying French.
- Master challenging French sounds, word-sentence stress, and intonation patterns so that French listeners will rarely misunderstand you.
- Continue building their conversational vocabulary.
- Deliver a short lecture/presentation on a topic of interest in French and field questions in French from classmates and instructor at the end.
Who Should Attend
High school students and adults having a basic understanding of French, but wanting to focus on conversational competence and confidence. Students who have successfully completed UNM Continuing Education's French I, II and III classes and seek additional options for continuing their French studies.
Teaching materials will be provided in class. No need to buy any book.
For Live Online sections of this class, your participation with camera and audio are required.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty, and Retirees: This course is Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development. For more information, visit the UNM Tuition Remission information page.