96341 - Purchasing and Supply Management Applications
Purchasing is more than just the process of buying things for your company. It is a competitive weapon that can make or break your firm’s ability to win in the marketplace. Purchasing is therefore a very big deal, which is why this textbook is meant to help students learn the ins and outs of purchasing and its place within an organization.
What You'll Learn
- What Is Purchasing and Supply Management?
- The Purchasing Process: Strategic and Transactional Issues
- Structuring to Meet Customer and Competitive Needs
- Socially Responsible Sourcing
- Sourcing Risk Management and Mitigation
- Category Analysis and Sourcing Strategy Development
- Outsourcing and Offshoring
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Assessing Supplier Financial Health
- Strategic Cost Management
- Electronic Sourcing
- Negotiation: Getting Contracts and Relationships Right
- Managing Purchasing Performance
- Buyer-Supplier Relationships and Value Co-Creation
- Buyer-Supplier Integration
- The Future of Purchasing
Who Should Attend
- Support Staff
- Line Managers
- Recent Graduates
- Business Students
- CEU Seekers
- Career Pivoters
- Resume Builders
Students must complete all sections to earn the Digital Badge of Completion.
This course is offered through Anderson School of Management.
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees can use their Tuition Remission benefit on professional development programs.