96295 - Technical Communication Applications
In this course, students will research and organize complex information for instructional and technical purposes. Students will also explore various technologies and editing processes used to clarify the delivery and display of information.
What You'll Learn
- Technical and Business Communications Theories and Current Best Practices
- The Effective Internal Business Communicator
- The Role of Logic, Rhetoric, and Document Design in Technical Business Communications
- The Need for Technical Writing in Every Organization
- Technical Writing for Technical Topics: How to Become a Subject Matter Expert before You Are One
- Research Reports and Proposals
- Instructional and Training Materials
- Grant Writing - White Papers
- Using Technology and Visual Content to Bridge Communication Gaps
- Apt Technology and Software: Aligning the Media with the Messenger
- Software Solutions for Creating and Editing Technical Content
- Special Delivery: Ensuring Proper Delivery of All Communication Assets from Start to Finish
Who Should Attend
- Support Staff
- Line Managers
- Recent Graduates
- Business Students
- CEU Seekers
- Career Pivoters
- Resume Builders
Students must complete all sections to earn the Digital Badge of completion.
This course is offered through Anderson School of Management.
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees can use their Tuition Remission benefit on professional development programs.