This course provides an opportunity for students to examine social networks, social media, and online advertising techniques. Students will identify interactive marketing strategies, evaluate the relationship between social media marketing and customer loyalty, apply social media tactics to various target markets, examine the role of content creation and curation for social media, and analyze opportunities for customization, micropayments, influencer marketing, and consumer engagement.
What You'll Learn
Participants who complete this course will gain a strong understanding of what social media marketing is, how it works, and what tools are available to help marketing professionals reach and engage their selected audiences. They will leave the course more familiar with the social media marketing landscape, and how a sound social media marketing plan gives even the smallest of businesses access to millions (even billions) of customers and highly targeted prospects.
- Social Media: The Audience Side
- Social Media: The Marketing Side
- The Big 5 Social Media Platforms in the US
- Social Media Marketing: International Edition
- Marketing in the Constellation of Other Social Platforms
- Targeting Your Audience through Social Media
- Organic Social
- Paid Social
- Measuring Your Success in Social Media Marketing
- The Future of Social Media, Today and Tomorrow
Who Should Attend
Current or aspiring social media marketing professionals.
Additional InformationParticipants must complete all Modules/Chapters and score at least 90% on individual assessments to earn a digital badge.
This course is offered through Anderson School of Management.
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees can use their Tuition Remission benefit on professional development programs.