This six-week course explains the principles of writing grant proposals, especially for beginners. In each of six 2-hour sessions, the class will practice the step-by-step process of identifying funding sources and drafting a proposal, including typical eligibility requirements.
What You'll Learn
- Step-by-step process for how to apply for and manage grants
- How funding organizations distribute grant funds
- ?How grants are different from contracts?
Who Should Attend
- Managers of charitable organizations or public agencies that can be funded by foundations or governments
- Accountants and other specialists involved in applying for or managing grants
- Representatives of foundations that seek to distribute grant funds to eligible organizations
- Members of the public seeking better understanding of grant-funded operations
- Legislators and other public officials who may be expected to vote on grant-funded projects
- Individuals seeking financial relief from grant programs and need to understand how that works