Online Food and Customer Service Training
Become a Food Service Manager As long is food is prepared and served in an establishment, the food service industry needs qualified managers to ensure the kitchen is run safely. This 100% online course will train you to become a food service manager and help you prepare for the Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam. Key topics include people and business management skills, food safety techniques and career advancement within the food service industry.
Job Outlook for Food Service Managers
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), food service managers make over $55,000 per year on average.
- The BLS also predicts employment opportunities for food service managers will grow by 11% by 2028.
What You'll Learn
- Earn a Food & Customer Service Skills Certificate that prepares you for the Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam
- Learn NEHA professional food management criteria
- Master HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) principles
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Deal with difficult customers
- Practice proper food safety
How to Enroll
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education.
WHAT DO FOOD SERVICE MANAGERS DO?
Food service managers oversee the daily operation of any establishment that prepares and serves food and beverages. Daily operations can range from scheduling and coordinating, overseeing inventory, maintaining records food handler cards, recruitment and training, managing the kitchen and more.
WHERE CAN FOOD SERVICE MANAGERS WORK?
Virtually every establishment that prepares and serves food employs a food service manager. Employment can be found at restaurants, bars, hotels, cafeterias, amusement parks and more.