Are you interested in obtaining a highly-valued and much-sought-after professional certification? If so, the Certified Six Sigma Black Belt course is for you! The Six Sigma methodology is a data-driven approach to removing defects and improving processes at any organization. As a Six Sigma Black Belt, you will be responsible for initiating projects and directing the efforts of company teams. In addition to mastering key Six Sigma concepts and methods, you'll obtain valuable information that will prepare you for the Six Sigma Black Belt certification offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
Learn how to effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma. Understand how a vast body of knowledge relates to the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) model. Determine the relationship of basic statistics to Six Sigma and learn about the Six Sigma business case including strategic planning, the voice of the customer (VOC), quality function deployment (QFD), benchmarking, and financial investment methods.
Discover how to use brainstorming, Pareto charts, and critical to quality to help define processes, problems, and opportunities. Master the use of other key tools such as cause and effect diagrams, checksheets, scatter diagrams, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and force field analysis. Learn the basics of advanced Six Sigma tools such as design of experiments (DOE), analysis of variance (ANOVA), hypothesis testing, control charts, and probability distributions.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) model
- Gain knowledge of the Six Sigma business case and related strategic planning and voice of the customer requirements
- Differentiate between key Six Sigma metrics and define processes, problems, and opportunities by applying brainstorming and critical to quality
- Find out the basics of flowcharts and learn how to develop/test hypotheses
- Determine how to define, plan, implement, and complete a project by creating project deliverables that satisfy stakeholders
- Discover the power of work breakdown structure (WBS), Gantt charts, and network scheduling methods
NM Tuition Remission eligible, Professional Development Program
To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that you complete your Black Belt project at your current place of employment. Black Belt-level process improvement projects require significant real-time data, which is easier to obtain when you are presently employed. Projects must also be based on an actual business and are subject to approval by a Master Black Belt. Examples include:
- Manufacturing Floor – Reduced manufacturing product defects
- Human Resources Department – Reduced recruitment cycle time
- Accounting Department - Reduced accounts payable invoice processing costs
If you are currently unemployed, then you should instead take a Green Belt level certification course.
To obtain a Black Belt certification, an applicant will need to show proof that they have completed two Black Belt level projects. These projects are not needed to successfully complete this course, but an applicant will need to show proof of projects in order to apply for the certification exam.
This course is offered in partnership with Ed2Go Online Education.