Course OverviewMaster the specific skills and habits needed to confidently take the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)! The course covers timing strategy and problem-solving strategies for the Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Reasoning sections of the test, as well as for the essay.
What You'll Learn
- Analyze logic, including if/then statements and deductive reasoning
- Identify the main types of logical reasoning, including analogy, cause and effect, and statistical arguments
- Identify faulty argument types, including argument against the person, false analogy, false cause, ambiguity, circular reasoning, and false appeal to authority
- Skim Reading Comprehension passages for structure and tools for distinguishing between two very close answer choices
- Develop a systematic approach for organizing Analytical Reasoning information, how to create a powerful diagram, and how to recognize the main types of Analytical Reasoning questions
Who Should AttendAnyone interested in or planning to attend law school.
Registration in this course includes registration in the STEPS to the LSAT program, an online study system.
UNM Continuing Education also offers private LSAT coaching.
UNM Tuition Remission eligible, Professional Development Program