Course OverviewExpand your jewelry making skills in this course for students who have completed the Jewelry/Small Metals and Silversmithing Beginning class. Develop your own projects and watch demonstrations as you explore advanced techniques in silver soldering, fabrication and stone-setting including: unusually-shaped bezels, incorporating found objects, cage/step/tube and traditional prong settings, fusing, reticulation, chain-making, findings, repousse', marriage of metals, shot, hollow forms, making head and eye pins, and safe studio practices.
***DIENER STUDIO UPDATED COVID PROTOCOLS: JULY 30, 2021 (NMDOH/CDC/DoD):
1. REQUIRED: AS STATED PREVIOUSLY:
Masks Are Again Required For Everyone Regardless of Vaccination Status.
Arrive At The Studio With Your Mask On.
Do Not Attend Class If You Do Not Feel Well Regardless of Vaccination Status.
2. REQUIRED: IN ADDITION TO COVID PROTOCOL REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE:
***YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A SHOP APRON AND WRAP AROUND SAFETY GLASSES AT ALL TIMES IN THE STUDIO.
***IF YOU ARE ENAMELING YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A PARTICULATE RESPIRATOR
3. REQUIRED: SUPPLY FEE: Bring your $80 supply fee (check payable to kristin diener or cash) to the first class.
4. REQUIRED: CLOTHING: Close-toed shoes only. No scarves, drapey sleeves or hoodie ties. If you have long bangs or hair, bring a way to secure it.
5. The studio will be open 5 minutes before class and not before then.
6. Bring water if you would like...no vending machine in the building. No Food Eaten in The Studio.
This class is eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment.