Course OverviewBuild confidence on the mountain bike! Students will practice and progress on obstacles and skill courses. Students will also learn basic items to carry with them on a trail ride and basic bike set-up.
What You'll Learn
- Learn the fundamental mountain bike skills needed to become a better rider
- Essential bike positions to ride various trail conditions
- Bike/body separation skills
- Braking/speed control
- Slow and fast speed steering/cornering skills
- How to maneuver up and down obstacles
- Proper gear selection for the trail conditions
Please make sure you have snacks, water, sunscreen, helmet, and a safeworking bike. NO helmet, NO ride!
Please arrive a few minutes early for a bike safety check.
If your bike is found unsafe to ride during the bike safety check, you will have to attend another class when your bike is ready.
Bring whatever seat bag, hydration pack, repair kit, tools, and spare tube you have and would normally carry on a ride. Wear appropriate clothing for cycling and the weather that day.