CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Learn the high-level computer security concepts required for federal security training and gain an understanding of the various forms of security threats. Topics include current exploits, vulnerabilities, tools and risk management of wired and wireless technology. Review NAT, VLANs, and RAS, as well as encryption algorithms, concepts of cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure standards, protocols, and the Key Management/Certificate Lifecycle.
What You'll Learn
- Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Install, configure and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design